Inspired by my friend Anna, here are five things on my mind this morning…
- I am constantly thrilled and thankful to be surrounded by brilliant, creative, beautiful women. How did I attract this fabulous set into my life?
- This past year, especially the past few months, I have focused quite a bit on self care and the importance of taking time to do things for myself. For me, this includes doing my makeup, and wearing fabulous (to me) outfits. I get comments to the effect of “Oh, you look fancy!”, but really, I’m just getting back to what I’ve always loved. And as a result, I’m obsessed with nail polish (thanks to Anna). I’m having such a fun time with color, even if my polish job isn’t perfect.
- I have a large custom crochet and knitting order. This was somewhat unexpected, but I’m thankful for the opportunity right now. I am hoping to acquire some new stitch treasuries soon so I can do some designing.
- We went to the beach on Friday and two important things happened. Luis, who hates sand, actually came down to the water with me! And then Wren took what is now one of my favorite photos of myself.
- I spent a fair amount of time assembling free art prints this weekend, deciding which of my own photos I wanted to print, and buying frames to create an art wall in my living room. I have a very colorful art wall above my desk full of rainbow kiddie art and a mix of small prints, but this one will be much larger. Thank goodness for pinterest inspiration. 🙂