Day 9 was a close up of my day. Here’s one from my garden cleanup this afternoon. (Upper rightt corner is a sandbag!)
And today, Day 10, is a fav recipe. I don’t use recipes very often, but the one I use the most is my basic cupcake recipe. I picked it up somewhere years ago, maybe from a friend? Anyway, it’s very easy to modify, which I love!
Preheat oven to 350.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar (I use white, brown, whatever I have)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low, alternately add the flour mixture & milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned and toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack to cool.